Rick Genter's blog

My chronicle of my experiences, starting with my upcoming plastic surgery.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Finances are done

Yesterday I finished arranging payment for all of the major phases of the operation. $6,000 to the surgeon, $5,100 to the hopsital, and $1,918 to the anesthesiologist. $13,000, and that doesn't even cover the incidentals, like the toilet seat extender.

I didn't mention the toilet seat extender? During the recovery, I'm supposed to minimize the amount of bending I do at the waist, to prevent risking opening the wound. That means things like arranging my apartment so that everything is roughly at waist-height so I don't have to reach high or low to get things in cupboards. It also means having a toilet seat extender so that I don't have to bend so much to sit.

Yes, no sitting for as long as 3 weeks. I'm looking into those "kneeling" chairs to see if I can find one I like. I've looked at Relax the Back here in the Boston area, but the model they sell has a fixed distance between the seat and the knee pads which is way to short for my legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home